A smile makeover can be a solution if you don’t like how your smile looks or feels. Several different cosmetic and restorative dental procedures are combined in this treatment plan to give the patient a healthy, beautiful smile.
What Is a Smile Makeover?
A smile makeover is used in cosmetic dentistry to enhance the aesthetics and health of the patient’s teeth and gums, resulting in a more radiant grin.
A smile makeover usually entails the following dental procedures:
- Traditional braces. Brackets made of metal are bonded to the teeth’s enamel. During treatment, a wire is threaded through each bracket and adjusted several times.
- Clear aligners. As an alternative to traditional metal braces, clear aligners are removable orthodontic appliances made of transparent plastic that gradually shift the teeth into place.
- Teeth bleaching. Teeth whitening is one of the most well-liked ways to improve the overall appearance of your smile. Filtering your photos will not be necessary after having professional teeth whitening done. Teeth whitening at the dentist can eliminate stains caused by the foods and drinks you consume regularly.
- Veeners. This can help patients whose teeth are severely discolored or damaged smile confidently. Veneers can fix chips, stains, and fissures on the teeth’s surface, close spaces between teeth, and make them all the same length.
- Dental bonding. For this dental procedure, we use a resin that mimics the natural gloss of tooth enamel. The resin is painted directly onto the patient’s teeth and allowed to dry. The resin will be bonded to your tooth enamel with the help of UV light, which your dentist will administer. Accidentally or otherwise damaging your tooth? Dental bonding can repair the damage. It can also be used to eliminate stains caused by food and cigarettes.
- Gummy smile reduction. During gum contouring, any excess gum tissue covering the tooth enamel is removed surgically or with a laser to create a more pleasing aesthetic result. To avoid showing too much gum when you smile, the remaining tissue is reshaped to make space for more of your teeth.
- Dental implants. Tooth loss can be remedied by implant treatment here. After this, you can chow down on whatever you like without fear of damaging your teeth.
- Dental crown. The dentist in Maryland can help your existing tooth to be protected from further damage and restored to its standard size, shape, and appearance with the help of a dental crown. When cemented into place, crowns encase entirely the portion of teeth that sits above and below the gum line.
- Dental bridge. When one or more teeth are absent, a dental bridge can be used to fill the gap with artificial teeth. Crowns are set on either side of the empty tooth socket to secure the replacement tooth or teeth.
Your ideal smile can be achieved through any number of these elective dental procedures. Anyone who wants to look and feel better about themselves can benefit from a new smile.
Who Can Get a Smile Makeover?
Anyone dissatisfied with their smile’s appearance may benefit from a smile makeover. Excellent candidates for this treatment are those who suffer from the following dental issues:
- Having crooked teeth
- Teeth discoloration
- Teeth with spaces between them
- Receding gums or uneven gums.
- Teeth that are broken, discolored, or misshapen.
An instant smile makeover can be a welcome relief for those who have experienced dental trauma due to an accident. The treatment can repair the damage to your teeth and gums and restore your smile to its pre-injury state.
The Benefits of a New Smile
Makeovers to one’s smile have many benefits. Gaining these benefits can give you a boost of confidence and help you make a memorable impression. You should get a smile makeover for your oral and overall health.
Boost Your Self-Esteem
Having uneven gums or teeth that are chipped, discolored, or crooked can be humiliating. A boost in self-assurance is a significant advantage of having your smile redone. You will flash more smiles once you realize how sweet your teeth are. You could feel comfortable enough to make a presentation or ask out the person you like.
Better Oral and Systemic Health
It is common knowledge that getting a “smile makeover” can dramatically improve the aesthetics of one’s teeth. There are more than just cosmetic gains from undergoing this procedure.
If you find it challenging to bite and chew certain foods, you may have avoided them. Maybe you have had sensitive teeth or are worried that eating healthy foods will damage your teeth. A poor diet may increase the risk of developing chronic diseases and conditions.
Remember that a lack of dental care can lead to more issues than just a bad smile. Inflamed, red gums, tooth loss, and even cardiovascular and renal disease have all been linked to gum disease. The likelihood of developing dementia is raised in the elderly as a result. Moreover, fixing your bite can help with symptoms like headaches and ear ringing that you may not have connected with TMJ before.
Business and Career Victory
Recent studies suggest a stunning smile can help you succeed significantly in business. New research at the University of California found that attractive people earn 12% more annually than their less attractive counterparts. Remember that a beautiful smile can do wonders for your physical appeal. Oral B found that having whiter teeth increased a person’s attractiveness by 20%.
Timing of the Procedure
How long your smile makeover takes will depend on which procedures you have done. Whitening, bonding, and contouring are just some of the procedures that can be done in a single office visit. On the other hand, some procedures, like getting a crown or dental implant, may necessitate multiple office visits spaced out over a few weeks or months. Consult with your dentist to determine how long it will take to complete your smile makeover.
Dental procedures such as crowns, bridges, bleaching, and veneers are part of a smile makeover. This treatment is ideal for people with problems such as crooked or missing teeth, a lackluster smile, or a bite that is not quite right. It can also be used by anyone self-conscious about their grin. An improved smile can improve self-esteem, dental health, and professional prospects. Consult your dentist about this cosmetic dental procedure’s various options and benefits if you want a smile makeover.